When you become an auntie, one fine day, there are certain things you know: You know that a little being is going to come into your life, and that it is going to turn your existence upside down… But there are certain things that nobody warns you about, and yet they happen!
Here are 16 things that inevitably happen when you become an auntie for the first time… and nobody tells you:
1. Whenever you see your nieces and nephews, you have a heartbeat that beats
2. That little protective side that comes up whenever something bad happens to them…
3. That childish instinct that comes up every time they ask you to play with them…
4. When a simple smile from your nieces and nephews is the best possible therapy
5. Wanting to buy them all the toys and beautiful things you see…
6. Being a little selfish and jealous when other people want to hug or kiss them.
7. That exhilarating feeling of being part of their childhood, of being able to teach them things, and help them become better people
8. The fits of laughter and hugs that await you every time you see them
9. When your nephews make you change your sense of priorities: you would rather spend time with them than go shopping.
10. Every time a little voice says “auntie” to you, your smile gets bigger and your heart beats harder.
11. Thanks to your nieces and nephews, your relationship with your brother/sister has become even stronger.
12. You can teach them funny things, crazy things, make them do silly things… without feeling guilty.
13. Your walls, your drawers and the walls of your fridge are covered with little drawings scrawled on felt tip pens, which they gave you… And you love it.
14. The words “love” and “happiness” have taken on a whole new meaning for you since you became an aunt.
15. You now see life again in a simple way, and a feeling of returning to your childhood sometimes overwhelms you .
16. … And your nieces and nephews are one of the most important parts of your life!