Skinbooster is a procedure that promises to improve the appearance and firmness of the skin, among other positive effects. To find out all about the technique, we consulted the dermatologist Leonardo Abrucio (CRM 66591), from BP – A Beneficência Portuguesa. Check now the information and tips!
Continued after announcement
What is skinbooster?
According to Leonardo, the skinbooster is a procedure in which hyaluronic acid is injected, which acts on the deepest layers of the skin bringing several benefits. In addition, the meaning of the word “booster” is linked to “intensifier”. Therefore, we can understand that it intensifies the effect of the skin’s collagen and elastin production.
The procedure is usually performed by dermatologists and is indicated for various situations. See below!
What is skinbooster for
Thinking about the effects of skinbooster and how it works on the skin, the dermatologist separated the 6 main benefits of this procedure. Check out!
- Provides deep hydration: skinbooster contains hyaluronic acid, a compound of glycosaminoglycans and polysaccharides. These components cause water to be attracted to the skin, resulting in a hydration effect superior to the treatments used on the skin surface.
- Stimulates collagen production: Leonardo explains that, with age, skin elasticity decreases, and hyaluronic acid stimulates collagen, improving skin firmness.
- Assists in the treatment of acne scars: hyaluronic acid fills the spaces between cells, so it can be used as a treatment for acne scars.
- Improves the appearance of dark circles: when used in the treatment of dark circles, the effect achieved is the filling of the depression that exists under the skin by hyaluronic acid, acting on the appearance of dark circles.
- Rejuvenates the area of the neck and hands: in addition to the face, hyaluronic acid can be applied to these areas to improve the signs of age.
- Brings more vigor and shine to the skin: Due to its hygroscopic capacity (fluid retention), hyaluronic acid acts on hydration, leaving the skin with a natural, firm and elastic glow.
It would be a dream to have a more hydrated skin with natural shine, wouldn’t it? But can this procedure be performed by all? See below for contraindications and precautions.
Skinbooster risks, care and contraindications
“The procedure is contraindicated for pregnant women, nursing mothers, breastfeeding people and patients with proven hypersensitivity, that is, who are allergic to hyaluronic acid”, points out the dermatologist. In addition, it is contraindicated for individuals with active autoimmune disease, such as systemic lupus erythematosus. Skinbooster should not be performed on people with injuries, injuries or infections in the region to be treated.
As for the care after the procedure, it is recommended not to massage the area within 24 hours and avoid entering the pool, the sea or the sauna during this period, so as not to have adverse effects. Regarding sun exposure, the dermatologist explains that there is no contraindication, but remember to always use sunscreen, huh!
Continued after announcement
Regarding the risks, Leonardo points out that, after the application of hyaluronic acid, erythema may appear – a slight redness and swelling that is usually reduced after 2 or 3 days of the procedure. If persistent, it is recommended to apply a cold compress to reduce these undesirable effects.
More questions answered
We asked the dermatologist other questions about the procedure, to fully understand whether you should invest in it or not. Stay on top of the answers!
- Who can make skinbooster? “Skinbooster can be made by people of any age, but it is usually indicated for people over 18 years old. At that age, more for correcting acne scars ”, points out Leonardo.
- How long does the skinbooster effect last? The average duration of the effect varies between 6 and 12 months, and the procedure can be reapplied after the end of the effect (on average, 8 or 10 months) or even annually.
- How much does a skinbooster session cost? The dermatologist clarifies that it varies according to the number of ampoules injected into the skin, costing from R $ 800 and can reach R $ 7000 or R $ 8000, depending on the amount of ampoules with hyaluronic acid to be injected.
- What is the result of skinbooster? The results of the skinbooster provide a more beautiful, healthy skin, with firmness, hydration, with improvement of the marks and superficial lines.
- After the procedure, is it possible to notice the results instantly? In fact, Leonardo explains that, after about a week of application, the first results can be noticed.
Despite being a indicated procedure, most of the time, to improve the signs of age on the skin, skinbooster proves to be convenient for deep hydration and other related effects. All this thanks to hyaluronic acid, a component with incredible results!