By Vanessa Fenelon
If you are looking for an unusual part of the body to draw, tattooing on the knee is a good bet. It is widely used to cover scars, but you can also tattoo even without this need: just follow the essential care. Next, we bring you beautiful ideas to inspire you, as well as tips from tattoo artist Marta Sayuri to take good care of your tattoo. Follow us!
Continues after the announcement
60 knee tattoo pictures to fall in love with this idea
Do you want to get a tattoo on your knee, but still not sure it’s a good idea? The inspirations that we separate below will convince you to bet on this tattoo. Check out!
1. Your knee tattoo can be a traditional design
2. Or a more unusual one, but full of meaning for you
3. How this beautiful mandala in pointillism
4. It is worth tattooing a very colorful flower
5. Or make an art full of references and details
6. You can combine several elements in your tattoo
7. Opt for a design only
8. Bet on a tattoo on your knee with phrases
9. Or join words and drawings in the composition
10. Can you make a barbed wire heart
11. Or a drawing formed by foliage
12. Pointillism arts are very common
13. And you can understand why
14. It looks really beautiful, don’t you think?
15. How about bringing the beauty of the stars to your skin
16. Or tattoo a very classic rose?
17. The color mandala looks great
18. But the all-black design also has its charm
19. There are ideas for every taste!
20. Be with a very symbolic animal
21. Or with a more traditional design
22. Your tattoo on your knee may be small
23. Or combine several elements
24. The tattoo can be just over the knee
25. But it is also possible to extend the design by the leg
26. As in this super-cheerful inspiration with flowers
27. How about tattooing both knees?
28. It can be doing the same design on both
29. As in this idea with crowns of thorns
30. But it is also possible to vary the arts
31. What matters is to unleash creativity
32. And combining elements full of symbology
33. To mark a design on your skin that is your face
34. Or that means a lot to you
35. Be with a very imposing mandala
36. Or with a more discreet and subtle art
37. Tattooing the knee to cover a scar is quite common
38. But nothing stops you from tattooing for other reasons
39. Mandalas appear frequently in this tattoo
40. And the bee designs are also very recurrent
41. The insect symbolizes life, death and rebirth
42. And it can appear in color or all in black
43. The tattoo on the knee can express all its strength
44. Or portray an animal that you like very much
45. There are plenty of options to choose from
46. If you want an art that is very evident
47. You can opt for a tattoo that covers the entire leg
48. The result is incredible
49. And ensures that your knee tattoo does not go unnoticed
50. You can also tattoo an element of mythology
51. A peony full of color
52. Or a black version of the same flower
53. Flowers are a hit in women’s tattoos
54. And with the tattoo on the knee, it would be no different
55. If combined with a meaningful word, even better
56. Do you prefer a very eye-catching design
57. Or a delicate knee tattoo?
58. Choose the art that has the most to do with you
59. Schedule a session with your trusted tattoo artist
60. And get ready to rock your new tattoo!
Have you chosen your favorite inspiration? Regardless of your style and preferences, there is a tattoo on your knee that is perfect for you!
7 essential care you should have with your knee tattoo
To help you take care of your tattoo in the best possible way, Marta listed the main care needed with this tattoo. They apply, too, to drawings made on other parts of the body. Check out the tattoo artist’s tips:
- Avoid tight clothing, as “the friction of the clothing with the skin can interfere with the healing result of the tattoo”.
- In the first days, avoid physical activities, because “sweat can be harmful for healing”.
- Take care of the food in the first days, avoiding very fatty foods, seafood and sugars.
- Do not use ointments that accelerate healing: “ointments as anti-inflammatories accelerate the natural healing process, and may leave the tattoo looking gray and dull”, explains the tattoo artist.
- Take care of the cleanliness of the tattoo, “regularly washing the tattooed area with saline or antiseptic soap”.
- Moisturize the tattoo after 2 or 3 days: “the ideal is to use moisturizers without many chemicals”, comments Marta.
- Avoid sun and swimming “mainly in the first 15 days; in addition, do not apply sunscreen during the healing process ”.
By following these precautions, you guarantee a smooth healing process and avoid problems with your tattoo. And, for more information and tips on the universe of tattoos, check out inspirations and get all your doubts about scar tattoos!