When days are warm and jeans are too hot, a pair of high waisted shorts are your next best option. High waisted denim shorts or the classic knit shorts with or without pockets were the fashion in the early to mid 70s. Pair them with a striped tank top or ringer tee, polo shirt or crop top for a summertime retro style.
Similarly, How do you dress for 70s disco?
70s Stud: Loose, buttoned down shirts paired with corduroy flare pants, rhinestone belt, cowboy boots (Fur coat optional). Disco Fever: Flashy metallic or paisley open neck “Disco” shirt, white flare jeans, white platform shoes, gold chain necklace.
Subsequently, What hairstyles were popular in the 70’s? Top 7 Hairstyles of the 1970’s
- Long and Straight.
- Men’s Perms. .
- The Mullet/Longer/facial hair. .
- The Wedge. This hairstyle was first seen on 1976 Winter Olympics winner Dorthy Hamill. .
- The Shag. Another hairstyle brought into popularity by actors and actresses. .
- Dread Locks. A Classic look from the 70’s. .
What colors were popular in the 70s?
In the ’70s, brighter colors were more common. (source: California Paints) Some color combinations that were hugely popular were bright green and blue, black and white, yellow and white, pink and purple, yellow and orange, yellow and green and pink and green.
How should I dress stylish in my 70s?
5 Tips For Dressing in Your 70s
- Fancy up your flats. Just because a shoe is flat, doesn’t mean it can’t be dressy. .
- Try new collar shapes. Blazers and structured jackets will never go out of style. .
- Make an understatement. .
- Carry the newest trends. .
- Embrace the eclectic. .
- Waist-defining Pieces. .
- Mid-rise bootcut jeans. .
- White pants.
How should a man dress for a disco party?
Men. Wear a tight-fitting, shiny satin or polyester button-down shirt for the quintessential disco look. These shirts were typically worn with the upper few buttons undone. Color-coordinate your shirt, pants and jacket, preferably in white or bright hues.
What were popular hairstyles in the 1970s for men?
18 Most Popular 70s Men’s Hairstyles
- The Afro. .
- Shoulder Length Hairstyle. .
- Long and Natural. .
- River Phoenix AZ’s Extended Textured Hairstyle. .
- Side-Combed Hairstyle. .
- The Classic Mullet. .
- Greaser Haircut. .
How did people in the 70s wear their hair?
The new version was shorter, with hair cut anywhere from shoulder-length to just below the ear. Hair was flipped under, and bangs were a prominent feature of this look. The pageboy was worn mainly by women, but men could be spotted wearing variations of the style as well.
What things were popular in the 70’s?
50 Things Only People Who Lived in the 1970s Will Remember
- Roller disco parties. Alamy. .
- Coveting an Atari video game console. Shutterstock. .
- Waiting for the phone. .
- Pretending to be “bionic” .
- Playing Simon. .
- Gas station lines. .
- Annoying (or being annoyed by) your sibling on road trips. .
- Waiting until Saturday for cartoons.
What was the most popular Colour in the 70s?
1970s Color: Harvest Gold
Harvest Gold is the most recognizable color from the 1970s era. This warm and inviting gold was the focal point of kitchens, popping up on appliances, linoleum floors and even wallpaper. Decorators in the 1970s used Harvest Gold as a neutral, the way we use beige and gray today.
What kind of shoes were popular in the 70s?
8 shoes you forgot you owned in the 1970s
- Earth Shoes. These weren’t the most attractive shoes, but they sure were popular! .
- Platform Shoes. .
- Western Boots. .
- Go-go Boots. .
- Two Tone Shoes. .
- Clogs. .
- Vans. .
- Roller Skates.
What was 70s interior design?
If the 1970s were about one interior design trend, it was wall-to-wall shag carpeting, usually in eye-searing colors like bright orange. . If 70s walls weren’t lined with wood paneling, they were sporting paper splashed with with big and bold geometric shapes in bright, contrasting colors.
What should you not wear over 50?
However, from head to toe, there are just some styles people over fifty should never wear.
- Wild Hair Color. MarijaRadovic / Getty Images. .
- Wimpy Wireframe Glasses. PeopleImages / Getty Images. .
- Massive Makeup. .
- Deep Diving Necklines. .
- Too Much Jewelry. .
- Thigh-High Hemlines. .
- Clothes With A Sprayed-On Look. .
- Baggy Clothes.
What trends were popular in the 70s?
15 Top Trends from the 70s
- Bellbottoms. Bellbottoms were like the clothing mullet before the mullet was really a thing. .
- Platforms. Wanting to be taller is a common wish among people. .
- High-waisted jeans. .
- Tie-dye. .
- Feathered hair. .
- The afro. .
- Corduroy. .
- Circular sunglasses.
Can a 70 year old wear leggings?
You can certainly wear your leggings with skirts or dresses. In fact, it’s the best solution to a skirt or dress that feels a bit short by itself! The leggings cover your legs nicely and thus you don’t feel so exposed.
What do you wear to a disco?
Night Out Fashion Ideas & What to Wear to a Disco Party
- Sequined Top. .
- Cropped top and A-line skirt. .
- The Bandeau Top. .
- The Mini- Dress . .
- The Mini Skirt. .
- Shorts. .
- Shiny or Embellished Jeans. .
- Jumpsuit or Catsuit.
What year was disco popular?
Disco, beat-driven style of popular music that was the preeminent form of dance music in the 1970s. Its name was derived from discotheque, the name for the type of dance-oriented nightclub that first appeared in the 1960s.
Why did men get perms in the 70s?
By the early 1970s, the Afro was becoming mainstream and fashionable. Its popularity grew so much that it was fashionable for white men to get their hair permed to create a mass of tight curls. Afros were left natural – as in, the hair was not treated with harsh chemicals to straighten or alter the hair structure.
Is long hair on men becoming popular?
Lots of it actually. Long hairstyles for men are becoming an ever more frequent sight. As the dirge of lockdown groaned on, the amount of guys who thought “oh, this looks quite good actually” swelled in number, and there’s every reason you can join them – providing you have a few things ticked off.
Are 70s hairstyles coming back?
So where to next? Well, ’70s hair trends just called, and they’re ready for a revival. This season, brush up on Farrah Fawcett, Diana Ross, Stevie Nicks, and Brigitte Bardot. All four are major sources of inspo when it comes to our hair, as we see texture–from choppy shags to fluffy ‘fros–make a delicious comeback.
Did they wear braids in the 70s?
Small braids all over the hair were extremely trendy in the 1970s when it came to styling hair. This was one of the more enjoyed looks by hippies, but girls everywhere would try them out and wear them around.
What was big in 1970?
- U.S. President Richard Nixon orders an invasion of Cambodia, widening the war in Vietnam. .
- The U.S. Senate repeals the Gulf of Tonkin resolution that had given Presidents Johnson and Nixon sweeping powers in the Vietnam War.
- The Beatles break up.
- Egyptian president Gamal Abdel-Nassar dies.
What was popular in the 70s for kids?
Here are 20 things only 70s kids will remember!
- Kitchen Chopper. The 1970s was a time filled with experimentation in every way possible, and that includes the kitchen. .
- Shag Carpeting. .
- Hassock. .
- Wall Telephone. .
- Old Hand Mixer. .
- Tube Socks. .
- Pet Rock. .
What was the most popular toy in the 70s?
The most popular toys in the 1970s were:
- Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots.
- Pogo Sticks.
- Air Hockey.
- Bionic Woman Action Figures.
- Stuffed Animals.
- Elaborate Doll Houses.
- Erector Sets.
- Toy Horses.
Don’t forget to share this post !