Make Salted Caramel Mini Churros, the best combo ever!
The delicious churros in miniature version, with salted butter caramel! The churros are originally Spanish donuts in the shape of “big spaghetti” or an elongated donut that you sugar according to taste. Our recipe transformed these long donuts into mini size for even more fun!
To make this recipe, follow the steps below:
Salted Butter Caramel Mini Churros
– 100 g of powdered sugar.
– 10 g of salted butter in pieces.
– 50 g of fresh cream.
– 10 cl of water.
– 75 g of butter
– 185 ml of water
– 1 pinch of salt
– 110 g of flour
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, heat the sugar and water. When the sugar has caramelized, add the cold butter. Remove your saucepan from the heat. Add the crème fraîche. Mix. Return your pan to high heat. Remove your cream from the heat and let it cool in a pot.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter with the water and salt. Add the flour and mix well to obtain a homogeneous dough.
3. Add the vanilla extract and an egg off the heat. Mix.
4. Put the resulting cream in a Saint-Honoré piping bag. Squeeze your pastry bag and cut the churro with a scissor when it is the size you want.
5. Fry each churro in cooking oil. Serve with the salted butter caramel!