The golden anniversary represents 50 years of marriage. It is a moment that deserves to be celebrated alongside the family that was built at that time, renewing the vows and remembering the most remarkable moments.
Continued after announcement
In this post, you will have several tips and ideas to organize the celebration of this very special day in style. Follow now and get inspired!
Meaning of the golden anniversary
The wedding tradition began in small towns in Germany where, especially to celebrate 25 and 50 years of union, couples were given silver and gold crowns. The term comes from the Latin words “vote” or “votum” and means promise. Most used in the plural, the wedding refers to the celebrations of wedding anniversaries, each representing another year that the couple spent together.
Each wedding is linked to a material, and it is understood that each year the couple overcame more things and the relationship became stronger. Therefore, the materials that represent time together are also becoming increasingly resistant and difficult to break, such as the couple’s relationship.
In the case of the golden anniversary, the material that represents it refers to the most valuable of metals, to its richness, durability and, of course, rigidity. Completing so many years together is really a challenge, so the golden anniversary is usually a time when couples gather their family and renew their vows with an incredible party. On that day they also usually exchange old rings for new ones of the same material.
6 ideas to celebrate the golden anniversary
For couples who want to get out of the traditional way of celebrating – or children who want to surprise their parents – there are countless other ways to celebrate this very special and unique moment. Look that:
- Photographic essay: to eternalize the date, nothing better than a photo shoot of the couple. The idea is to do something different, hiring a professional photographer and portraying moments that refer to their story. The scenario can tell a little bit about how it all started, representing the place where they met or the family they formed together. The photos are memories kept forever and, when worked well, they manage to pass all the love that unites the couple.
- Travel: more adventurous couples will love the idea of celebrating their golden anniversary on the road. After all, liking to know new places is ageless. It can be a cruise or even a return to the place where they spent their honeymoon. Ah! And nothing prevents them from exchanging new rings during the trip. Have you ever thought how beautiful it would be to do this by the sea?
- Intimate dinner: as not everyone likes to party, an intimate dinner may be ideal for celebrating the wedding. Serving the couple’s favorite foods and an exclusive decoration for that day is certainly a romantic option and easy to prepare.
- Breakfast or brunch: on the other hand, there are couples who do not give up doing everything in the family. For these, the tip is a good breakfast or brunch next to everyone. It will definitely be a very joyful and relaxed time.
- Surprise party: if the couple does not want or cannot do something to celebrate this great moment, the children and grandchildren may surprise them. And even if it is not something majestic, the fact that the family remembers this important date will certainly be exciting for them. Within the limitations and style of the couple, it is possible to gather all the family members and think about a very special and unforgettable surprise party!
- Religious celebration: for more traditional couples, a religious celebration makes the golden anniversary even more striking. Imagine how amazing it is to be able to relive the moment of marriage? Choosing the dress, the suit, the entrance to the church, the vows, the rings … and all this with the presence of family and friends who, together, have conquered over the years. Prepare the scarf that is emotion for sure!
For couples who chose the traditional way, a good party to celebrate 50 years of marriage also requires good planning. See what can not be left aside to set up a dream golden wedding event.
How to organize the golden wedding anniversary
- Choose the location;
- Make the guest list;
- Define a theme and color palette;
- Think decor;
- Hire a photographer;
- Plan light and image;
- Close with the musicians;
- Choose the food;
- Prepare the sweets;
- Make souvenirs.
Following all these steps and taking into consideration the taste and personality of the lovebirds, there is no way to go wrong.
Continued after announcement
8 inspirations for an unforgettable party
With all this, does it say if you don’t feel like doing such an event? And to make you even more excited, look at these beautiful inspirations:
Certainly gold ends up being the most used color in these events. How about choosing some photos to compose the decoration and tell the guests a little of the couple’s history?
Cake and candy table
One of the stars of the party, the cake needs to be tasty and beautiful, because together with the sweets it completes the decoration.
Similar to weddings, invitations to the golden wedding anniversary can have an exciting difference: children and grandchildren as the people who invite you to this great celebration.
And who doesn’t want to take a little piece of the party when it’s time to leave? Personalized sweets are on the rise and, in addition to being beautiful, they appeal to the most varied palates.
The possibilities for setting up the perfect golden wedding party are endless. You can also use the couple’s story as a starting point when choosing each of these details, leaving everything even more in their style.
20 golden wedding messages to spread love
Not everything at the wedding celebration involves other people. Whether it is time to write the vows or pay a more intimate tribute, the couple may want to take care of that personally. Other than that, guests will also want to write something very special on the gift cards. We separated 20 messages to serve as inspiration, check out:
- Happy golden anniversary for us! Today I look at the sky and I can only thank you for having such an important person in my life as you.
- 50 years of marriage. 18,262 days, 438,288 hours, 26,277,280 minutes. A life full of love. Thanks for everything!
- Fifty years of stories to tell. Fifty years of laughter and hugs. Fifty years of crying and fear. Fifty years hand in hand.
- That in the end, we are remembered not for the golden anniversary, nor for the years spent with each other, but for the intensity of the love that united us.
- I may even stop remembering my name, but your love, my dear, I can never forget. Happy golden anniversary for us!
- Time leaves wonderful memories, but it shows above all what is most important in our lives.
- With you I built my best memories and with you I want to continue for the rest of my days. I love you, happy birthday to us!
- For 50 years you have made me the happiest person in the world, every day.
- Cheers for 50 years. Step on the accelerator, because at 60 the diamond wedding will come and at 80 the oak wedding!
- We would like to congratulate you on completing 50 years together. An admirable brand that makes stronger the desire that your happiness can be contagious!
- 50 years of living together is something that deserves to be celebrated and admired by everyone. You are an example of love, friendship and companionship. I wish you to complete more, always happy and healthy!
- I hope that the bonds that unite them today will remain as strong and true as they were 50 years ago.
- It only takes a few minutes to hold a wedding, but it takes half a century to hold a golden wedding. Congratulations!
- There’s nothing like waking up in the morning and looking at your better half. Especially when that love has lasted for 50 years.
- With each passing year it becomes more evident that your union is based on true love.
- I hope that the bonds that unite you today will remain as strong and true as they were 50 years ago. Congratulations on the golden anniversary!
- You have not changed anything. In fact, the love between you seems to have increased.
- Congratulations to the couple for the example of union. The years go by, they take away our youth, but they transmit the continuity of love to us. Our wishes for another 50!
- Today it’s been 50 years since you say yes to each other every day. I hope more will come!
- Completing 50 years of marriage is the true example that love is still real and possible. Congratulations and thank you for being our inspiration.
The golden anniversary represents much more than time together, demonstrating how much the couple overcame and struggled to stay together for 50 years. In addition, it is an excellent opportunity to bring together, with great emotion, all the people who are part of this half century of so much love.